5 Main Expansion Joints include:
- Simple Expansion Joint – used to absorb a small amount of movements.
- Universal Expansion Joint – used to absorb a combination of movements in a piping system that are too much for a single axial expansion joint.
- Pressure Balanced Expansion Joint – versatile expansion joint is made for a combination of forces. The flow and balancing bellow produce equal but opposite forces under the same pressure, this cancels out the forces from multiple directions.
- Hinged Expansion Joint – set in sets of two or three, absorb movement in one or more directions. It’s made to experience a strong axial pressure thrust and deflect the motion.
- Gimbal Expansion Joint – similar to hinge expansion joints it uses its hinges to absorb rotation from any plane.
For more information on expansion joints, contact Zepco today.